Check out this nice project.
Read this book (and/or podcast): Rework
This inspiring HomePod commercial by Spike Jonze and FKA Twigs. What do you feel?
Critique round 1 designs.
Mockups are an easy way to simulate your idea, to easily explain it to a client or customer.
Many phone mockups
Note: How Dan organizes projects: with Dan's file structure
Note: Design cheats
For Next Week
Refine designs based on feedback and inspiration.
Bring in at least 2 different, refined designs for round 2 design critique. Printed 11x17.
Create mockups in various media to show how your brand will connect with people across multiple platforms.
Consider your tools:
- Brand elements: Color palette. How can color be used to maximum effect?
- Iconography/Illustration: Is there a style of illustration or photography that can be used throughout the brand?
- Type: Use iconic typeface(s). Note: Check out the resources page bottom right for free sample fonts which could work for this project.
- Business system: business cards, letterhead, brochure, flyer, stickers, branded artifacts
- Electronic media: website (header, footer, website illustration style), email template, screensavers
- Environmental design: exterior/interior flags/signage, vinyl, 3-D objects, etc